Contact Information

Call us at (407) 412-7040

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Should I Hire A Private Attorney?

Being accused of a crime is very serious and the consequences can have a lifelong impact.  You could potentially lose your job, you could lose your housing, you could lose some of your rights (voting, possessing a firearm, etc.), and your reputation can be tarnished.  It's not the time to sacrifice quality over price.

That isn't to say that public defenders are not quality attorneys.  I know a lot of current and former public defenders who are great attorneys, and I'd characterize some of them as better than most private criminal defense attorneys in the central Florida area.  I used to be a public defender, and I worked hard for my clients and tried to get the best result for them that I possibly could.  I argued tirelessly on their behalf, I put forth their best defense, and I could usually be found in the office on the weekends, or at the jail late at night.  However, I was also overloaded with clients.  And to be honest, the clients with the most serious charges usually received more of my attention.  When you have that many clients, you have to prioritize them.  Sad, but true.  Not all of my clients received 100% of my attention.  It was impossible.

As a private attorney, I naturally have fewer clients and have the time to dedicate myself to each of those clients.  I'm able to talk to all of the witnesses in the case, including alleged victims, well ahead of most court dates.  I can also take the time to talk to any of my client's family members who are concerned, answer all questions, visit the scene of the alleged offense, run clients through a mock cross examinaiton in anticipation of trial, etc..  Basically, I have the ability to thoroughly examine the case from every angle.

If you have the resources, you should hire a private criminal defense attorney with a good reputation and solid experience.  They are worth every penny when your freedom is at stake.  If you are accused of a crime, call TSL Defense at 407-412-7040 today to schedule your free consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment